Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Check Up.

Most mainstream hip hop, I don't need to tell you why it's garbage. I know, she got a fat arse and you're in the club poppin' bottles of "bubb".

And underground head hip hop is the same ol'. Rife with dudes trying to rail on the mainstream scene for being "sell outs to the game" and "real hip hop will neva eva die" knowing full well, if any of them were given the chance to make Lil Wayne money, they'd sell their souls faster than the devil could even get a shot at buying it.

Yea, we get it.

So when I enjoy hip hop it's because it attempts to transcend all of that. It's simply about songs. No unnecessary baggage and non sense. It's music in it's own right. Enough so that our parents can't say there was a lack of effort.

And with all that said, I hope you'll check out my good friend KJ. He's an amazing Producer/MC from Toronto and if I dig it, I'm going to be rude and assume you'd like to take a listen.


Stay safe. Happy Valentines Day. Love you all. Make sure you don't buy a damn thing. The economy doesn't deserve it after the way we've been treated.

-J


























Song hosted courtesy of HipHopCanada.com

1 comments of assent & dissent:

nadienne February 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

This... this is what's missing right now...