Monday, April 20, 2009

I liked that MGMT record. What I have for them though is sheer and unabashed haterism. I'm fully jealous of them, and not ashamed to admit it. What could be better than having a full on pop single without having to put the member of the music business in your mouth?


But, they are thieves.


Right?
Wait, I'm not the first person to cop this am I?

2 comments of assent & dissent:

Kristi April 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Haha, was it being forced to listen to all that MGMT at Absinthe that inspired this post?

But good call, those are very similar.

The Carps April 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

I grew up with The Johnson Brothers. Before my Dad would buy my brother and I a drum kit, he forced us to play "I'll be good to you" by the same band.

And when we could do that, we got a kit. I do think MGMT was "inspired" though. For sure.